We were always passionate about photography, and we are really glad that technology changed this field a lot in the last two decades! The things possible now were unthinkable before, and this makes us really happy! Even amateur photographers are now able to take stunning images, but when it comes to the professionals’s works of art, we are often left speechless. The list of images below is definitely a good example. It consists of some of the best drone photos ever taken! Most of them received prizes in the annual SkyPixel competition. You can learn more about the winners here: https://www.skypixel.com/contests/2018/winners.
1. This is Kati Ojaloo, the hammer throw champion of Estonia
The image was named ‘Throwing it to the moon’ and it won the third spot in the Sports category of the contest.
2. This image won third place in the Architecture category
The magnifficent Grand Lisboa hotel was captured brilliantly on this image!
3. This image was taken at the Deer Valley Resort
It captures the Stein Eriksen Residences area and there is no wonder why it won a people’s choice prize.
4. Here is another image that deserves it People’s Choice award
The stunning image shows a bridge partially engulfed by fog, and the mountains in the background look surreal!
5. Here is the Chinese Taklimakan Desert in winter
The photo shows some curious ice and snow patterns and it won third place in the Nature category.
6. Here is an image of Vietnamese kids jogging on top of a sand dune in Phan Rang
The image won the top prize in the Sports category and it was well-deserved.
7. The sunrise was captured at the Nuvolau Group in the Dolomites in freezing temperatures
This nominated entry photo was taken at -18C but it was worth the effort, because it looks stunning.
8. This is part of Lofoten in Norway
The image won a people’s choice award. It shows a football field in a village with a population of about 500 people.
9. This nominated entry shows skiers walking on Mont Blanc, which is 4,810 meters above Sea level
The skiers, all part of the Dynastar ski team, intended to ski down the north face of the mountain.
10. This is the winner of the Architecture category
The surreal image of Hong Kong is actually compiled of 43 different images that were put together brilliantly.
11. This image received a people’s choice award and it is called ‘Ancient Moonlight’
Mauro Pagliai was able to capture the Coliseum in Rome from an amazing angle under the moonlight.
12. This wedding photo called ‘Two’ was a nominated entry
This is definitely the best wedding photo we have seen in a long time!
13. This is the ‘Hungry Hippos’ photo that won the top spot in the Nature category
This moment was definitely an amazing opportunity for the photographer and he captured it!
14. This photo taken at the Hon Khoi salt fields in Vietnam won second prize in the Fun category
The image shows workers carrying salt. They work very early in the morning and late in the afternoon.
15. Here is an image from Huanglongtan in China
This is another People’s choice prize winner, and it shows a beautiful and simple nature landscape.
16. This is another People’s choice award winner
It is not a genuine photo, of course. It shows the same location photographed in winter and in summer.
17. This image won second place in the Architecture category
It was taken in Bagan, Myanmar, and it deserves that price for sure!
18. This image was taken in Kyiv and won a People’s choice award
The image is called ‘Kyiv Monuments’ and shows a landmark in Ukraine’s capital surrounded by fog.
19. This image entitled ‘Flowers on the water’ won the first spot in the Fun category
Before bringing the flowers to the market, each flower is washed and then added to a bundle.
20. Here is the image that landed on the third place in the Fun category
It is amazing to see how these geese formed such patterns! They look like flowers from far distance.
21. This is the Grand Prize winner in the contest
The stunning photo of Mont Saint Michel taken by Deryk Baumgartner is breathtaking!
22. This nominated entry is called ‘Wake Up’
The image was taken in the Auckland Harbour area during sunrise and it is stunning!
23. This is the image that landed the second place in the Sports category
It was taken in Austria and it is the best ski-themed image we have ever seen! The prize was well-deserved!
24. This image looks like a painting
Drones really enable photographers to create stunning works of art and this is a nice example of that!
25. This image is amazing in more than one way
As you can see, a person seems to be relaxing in the ice cold waters, and he adds a nice contrast to the photo!
26. This image was taken in Helsinki in the autumn
The stunning capital city of Finland is especially beautiful when the sun sets, and we could all agree on that
27. The perfect moment was captured here
This image proves that trying to capture a moment against direct sunlight is sometimes the right choice!
28. This is one incredible landscape in Utah
The snowfall really added to the scenery by exposing the way nature carved the rocky landscape.
29. This is another people’s choice prize winner
The stunning image entitled ‘Red Train’ was taken when the train passed over the Landvasserviadukt in Switzerland. It looks like a moment straight out of a fairytale!